Pages

7.25.2010

all of the advantages


cute, aren't they?
My friends know that I have an obsession.  A big one.  It begins with "Great" and ends with "Gatsby."  Being a Montgomerian means you love that book.  You're lookin' at a girl who was born on Gatsby Lane.  Who spent her days shopping on Zelda Road.  Big time obsession here.  Inspired by the ultimate Montgomery belle, Zelda Sayre Fitzgerald, F. Scott penned The Great Gatsby, my absolute favorite book in the world.  It transports you to a magical time.  It makes you feel like you know the characters; it makes you feel connected to the Fitzgeralds. I can just see Zelda prancing through MCC, the Serena van der Woodsen of her time (I'm a Blair, in case you were wondering..but that's a totally different topic).



Needless to say, I
love the book.  And as no surprise, one of my favorite quotes comes from this classic.  

"Whenever you feel like criticizing anyone...just remember that all the people in this world haven't had the advantages that you've had."
This quote brings me back to reality so very often.  So many times I get caught up in petty criticisms over shallow things, or I just plain don't count my blessings.  You never truly know what battles people are in or how much they've overcome to get where they are.  I'm learning to thank the Lord for the advantages that He has blessed me with and to appreciate them and to use them for His glory.  Learning is a journey, though.  I'm takin' it one step at a time.  Good thing He's right beside me.

guess Kate is a Gatsby fan too..







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...