Pages

7.31.2010

love never fails.

True Life:  I am obsessed with weddings.  Exhibit A..
    “Love never fails. 
In my room at school, I have an old, framed black and white picture of my grandparents that I snuck out of the house.  The beautiful photograph was taken when they were just married.  In the picture, my grandfather is beaming, smiling at the camera, while my grandmother is just looking at him like she’s the luckiest girl in the word.  I keep it in my room to remind me of what unselfish love is, and to remind me to never settle for less (though sometimes I lose sight of this). 
In my quiet time I was reading through a little bit of Romans, and I came upon Romans 13, in which it lays out that it is through love that we obey God’s laws.  Well, then my thoughts turned to 1 Corinthians 13, which is probably what most people think about when they think of love.  When I was in 9th grade, my French class was also homeroom, so we did prayer requests and such during that time.  I was so lucky to have a wonderful teacher who had us memorize verses every week, and the most important passage she ever had us learn was this one. 
..and Exhibit B...
Sometimes I look at relationships I have and truly try to lay down the verses in the passage and see if they are evident--if I am showing the signs of love, if the people I surround myself with do. Am I patient, am I kind? Am I keeping records of wrong, am I being rude?  Sometimes I don’t live up to what God has laid out as true love.  Sometimes it’s REALLY hard to love some people.  But if God gave His only Son to save ME, I can love, even when it’s hard. 

So once again, that photo on my desk is a constant reminder—a reminder to STRIVE to truly love everyone with everything I have; to only allow myself to fall in love with someone who embodies biblical love.  Because “if I give away all I have…but have not love, I gain nothing” (verse 3). God is love, so if we strive to follow His ways, we must love. 



...and Exhibit C (D-Z are on my desktop.) p.s. I have another huge obsession with wedding photos in fields.

Photos courtesy of Bippity Boppity Boo, which I found thanks to Miss Magnolia ...another thing to distract me from papers and classes, haha.        


3 comments:

  1. This is such a wonderful post! It made me tear up! I love 1 Corinthians 13--I want it read at my wedding!

    P.S. I could literally go through your old posts all day--I have to stop myself haha!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...