Mistletoe has been decking the halls of my Lilly planner for the past month, making it a little more than hard to concentrate on school. Alas, I persevered, and just in time to enjoy what's left of this Christmas season.
This is my favorite time of year, especially because it means:
1. it's the time we most consciously celebrate the birth of Jesus, the real meaning for the season.
2. almost everywhere is decorated with lights, making me feel like I'm living in a magical winter wonderland.
3. the Samford elves have decked the campus for Christmas during Thanksgiving, meaning that walking to class at 7:30am isn't quite so unbearable.
4. the end of one semester and the fresh start of another.
5. I can read whatever. I. want. :D (..see below. nerd alert.)
6. it's now socially acceptable for me to listen to Christmas music and watch Christmas movies.. "teacher says... ."
7. I get to see my Grammy!
8. decorations. decorations. decorations.
10. after Christmas sales. Need I say more?
My mom shares some of her favorite family traditions on Splendid Sass. I hope you'll enjoy and share some of your favorite memories and traditions too.