Pages

6.05.2011

quench your thirst.

 "When my heart is overwhelmed, lead me to a rock that is higher than I." -Psalm 61:2

This was one of the most incredible services I’ve ever seen at Highlands. It started with one of those videos I pretend don't kindasorta make me tear up. Then our pastor let us know that he would be spending the rest of his career/life journey as a pastor at Highlands. Such a blessing to have him.  And holla, he's just gettin' started, y'all.

This sermon is for anyone who has been knocked down until they think they can never get up again.
For anyone who has been beaten up mercilessly by the people in their lives, by their circumstances, by their guilt or shame. 
For anyone who has been thirsting so deeply, but not understanding why there was nowhere to drink.

This is about spiritual death.

“The enemy pursues me, he crushes me to the ground; he makes me dwell in darkness like those long dead.  So my spirit grows faint within me; my heart within me is dismayed.” –Psalm 143:3-6

But God says that in Him we find life.

“I am He who lives, and was dead, and behold, I am alive forevermore.  Amen.  And I have the keys of Hades and of Death.” –Revelation 1:18

We get so knocked down sometimes.  We go through the motions of life/church/worship.  We aren’t there though. We aren’t alive.  We’re dead. 

But God is there.  He is there with the Oasis to quench our thirst that we didn’t even realize was there because we’re dead.  We’re struggling, but not letting God be a part of anything.  He’s there to quench our thirst, if we just wake up and drink. 

“The Spirit and the bride say, ‘Come!’ And let him who hears say, ‘Come!’ Whoever is thirsty, let him come; and whoever wishes, let him take the free gift of the water of life.”

*You can watch "Drink Again," part 4 of the series, "From the Grave" here

Watch it. Podcast it. Listen to it. Whatever. You won't be sorry.

1 comment:

  1. Angela,
    This is such beautiful post. HE truly is amazing, and so are you!
    Teresa
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...