Pages

7.13.2011

the politics of monogramming.


..It's my favorite chapter in The Official Preppy Handbook, and for good reason.  Why would you wear someone else's initials when you can embroider, emboss, or engrave your own on something?  Just look at Roger Federer.  Especially in the South, we all love a good monogram, and I am no exception. Here are a few of my favorites that I have seen.  But please, obey the OPH, and do not slap one on your car.
___________________________________




All photos via Pinterest, except for the Smathers and Branson Fancy Monogrammed Flask.

2 comments:

  1. No one should be without a monogram on their personal belongings. I bought a Babylock so that I could insure that everything that isn't glued down is monogramed.
    Have a great day.
    Teresa
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this post! I love a good monogram on just about anything... but I cannot stand it when people put a monogram on their car. So unnecessary!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...