Pages

3.23.2013

no man is an island.

Via..

"No man is an island, entire of itself."
I've heard God whisper this to me over and over this past week. 

I've prided myself over the past several years that I was more independent than the vast majority of people I grew up around. I didn't have an allowance throughout college. I never expected ridiculously extravagant things. If I wanted something, I usually had to work for it and pay for it myself. Blah, blah, blah.
Can you hear the sound of my ego puffing? 

God took this week to show me what was up. I knew something was coming. I've been bombarded over the past week with messages of letting Christ be your foundation and your Rock. The house built on sand will not withstand the storms. Lord, is that true. This week seemed like one thing after the other, and I hit a wall. Or maybe got smacked with a humble pie? This week, it turns out, was a big blessing. I was reminded that no man is an island unto himself. There really is no "self made man."

There are people who helped that man get to where he is. 

I was so humbled this week by the amount of people, from family, to people who barely know me, to friends, who dropped what they were doing to move heaven and earth to help me. What a SWEET BLESSING to have a net of people who can catch you, especially when you didn't know they were there to begin with.

Thank the Lord for the people he places in our lives who show us His love, usually without even knowing it, and for the blessings we receive when our faith is firmly planted.
Praise to Him!

3 comments:

  1. I love your blog! I'm so glad that you have been coming to the Tuesday night group with Lydia!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Angela! So glad I found your blog - love it! I nominated you for the Liebster Award which connects newer bloggers. You can check out my blog for the rules and details. Would be so great if you participated! Can't wait to read your blog regularly now.

    - Dale (lovelightcreative.com)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This quote was actually posted all over UVA last semester by one of our secret societies are a few incidents of student on student verbal assaults to remind everyone to respect each other. I thought it was very touching and a good reminder that we all do rely on others more than we realize.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...