Pages

2.04.2011

be mine.

It’s 10 days away.  The most exciting holiday for some, and the most dreaded for others.  The second group usually views it as a holiday created by Hallmark to sell greeting cards.  Well it’s always been one of my favorites, and it is actually a legitimate holiday. I remember spending countless hours in elementary school preparing valentines for our class parties while my mom (or Super Room Mom as she’s more affectionately known as) baked cupcakes for my classmates.  I took this seriously.  Personal message on each one.  Nerd from birth, I know. 



Fast forward almost 15 years, and another Valentine’s Day is almost here.  Instead of taking a cynical view, why not take the time to celebrate love?  It’s the most powerful emotion we can feel and bestow.   It doesn’t matter if you’re single, betrothed or utterly heartbroken.  Boyfriend or bestie, friend or foe.  Love. Deeply.  And wear pink. :)


And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.”  
-1 Corinthians 13:3

All photos courtesy of Bippity Boppity Boo.

7 comments:

  1. Love this post! I've always thought Valentines Day should be about love in general and loving everyone... not just a significant other! Oh, and my mom was Super Room Mom too! Haha. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one of my favorite post thus far. Love, love.
    Have a happy weekend, Angela.
    Teresa
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. So true. Everyday should be Valentine's Day :)
    Mary Ann

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this post! You always have the prettiest images! That cake looks delicious, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So good! Have a wonderful weekend!
    -Guess who!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this! and I'm so grateful that someone else views Valentine's Day exactly like I do! I've always tried to make it very special for my children and to this day we still get together..its 2 days after my oldest son's birthday so sometimes we might combine the two! I use beautiful heart shaped plates that are pink with a gold rim that I bought at Williams Sonoma several years ago! They are great for that special dessert which, this year may have to be that delicious looking red velvet heart shaped cake! Thanks for posting this! I LOVED it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...